So you're ready to create your Yoofer..what's next? Follow the steps below to create your account and get your friends pledging!
Create Your Yoofer
- Give your Yoofer a creative title - ie. “HELP A BROTHA OUT!” (joking!) Seriously though, channel your inner Shakespeare and write something that stands out. This is your first impression! Differentiate yourself. Your pledges depend on it!
- Select the item you want from Amazon. Your 'pledge amount needed' will appear automatically on your Yoofer, as will the (Amazon) photo of your item.
- How many days do you think it will take for your Yoofer to "tip" - ie. for you to raise the pledges you need to purchase your desired item on Amazon? Set your target for either 7 or 14 days (these are your only two options). Why the predetermined time period? Our research has shown that limiting the amount of time a Yoofer runs, encourages a sense of urgency amongst people and helps our user's Yoofers tip at a faster rate!
- Write a short, compelling description explaining why you want/need the item. Think one, maybe two tweet lengths (three if you really need it!).
- Add a video that you think will help get more people to pledge for you. Not mandatory, but you know..people like to see who they're pledging to!
Note: All Yoofers go through a moderation process. Once approved (usually within 24 hours), your Yoofer will be published.
Invite Your Social Network
The key to getting your Yoofer to tip is to get the word out! Take the time to contact people individually, like your close friends and family (it makes a big difference!) Write a status update on Facebook, post a tweet on Twitter..and of course, Instagram #MyYoofer #HelpMeOut!! Always make sure to include a compelling description of why you need people to pledge, as well as a link to your Yoofer!
Be advised: no one likes an #oversharer. Make sure to remind people across your social network about your Yoofer a few times throughout the course of its duration (7-14 days), but don't do it to the point where people block you ok?!
The challenge here is to get your Yoofer to "tip" within the allotted time period you chose, either 7 or 14 days. Each of your supporters can choose to pledge $1, $2, or $5. (Pledgers will only be able to pledge ONCE throughout the duration of your Yoofer.) We're committed to helping our Yoofers tip (and the majority of them do)! In conjunction with your efforts, we'll be promoting your Yoofer across our community social networks to help you get the exposure you need. At Yoofers, we've got your back.
If you're unable to reach your tipping amount within your chosen time period, your Yoofer will expire. But don't worry! You can always try again - but you will have to raise all of your pledges from scratch as they won't transfer over. To increase your tipping chances, ensure you have high Karma points by pledging to other Yoofers. Your increased Karma score will encourage more people to pledge to your Yoofer in the future!
Didn't your momma ever tell you it's better to give than receive? Yoofers is a community of give and take, and we are firm believers in the power of Karma.
After your Yoofer has tipped (or even if it hasn't), make sure to take a look at other Yoofers who need YOUR help. Every user on our site has a "Karma Meter" which shows how often they have pledged to other users, and how often they have received pledges themselves. Pledges given earn more Karma points than pledges received. Those with a higher "giving" percentage have done more giving than receiving, and should be your first choice when looking for a Yoofer to support. People with higher Karma rates will also receive a "promoted" spot on our website.
So you've chosen to pledge to a Yoofer! That's great. You're awesome. Here's what you have to do:
You can buy credits worth up to $10 at any one time, in increments of $1, $2, and/or $5 to pledge to Yoofers of your choosing. You will only be able to pledge ONCE to a Yoofer throughout its duration.
** Payments will be accepted through a trusted third party service. So we will not be storing any of your sensitive information ourselves! **
The challenge here is to do it within the allotted time period the Yoofer has chosen - 7 or 14 days. If the Yoofer doesn't receive the amount of pledges he/she needs within their chosen time period, their Yoofer will expire. And we don't want that to happen, now do we?! That being said, we're committed to helping our Yoofers tip (and the majority of them do)! We promote Yoofers across our community social networks to help them get the exposure they need.
Don't delay, pledge today! See our active Yoofers here.
Our site is all about 'give a little to get a little, get a little to give a little' and we are firm believers in the power of Karma. Every user on our site has a "Karma Meter" which shows how often they've pledged to other users, and how often they've received pledges themselves. And since you are a pledger, you've already racked up some good Karma for when you want/need to create a Yoofer!
Pledges given earn more Karma points than pledges received. Those with a higher "giving" percentage have done more giving than receiving, and will be viewed by our community as someone worth supporting when they are in a time of need. People with higher Karma rates will also receive a "promoted" spot on our website.